About the Preparing the Way Workshop and Course:
These courses are for those supporting one or many in their personal or professional life.
They are also for people who have a professional background and wish to deepen their skills in end of life support e.g. Nurses, Complementary Therapists, Aged Residential Facility staff etc.
There are 2 programmes:
- 1 one day Preparing the Way Foundation Workshop – held in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and on Skype for those who are unable to attend in person.
- 3 day Preparing the Way Course (note the 1 day workshop is a pre-requisite) – currently held in Melbourne and Sydney.
To ensure individual support and to maximise interaction and participation for all participants the programs are kept small in number.
Part 1: Preparing the Way One Day Foundation Workshop (this is a stand alone workshop) and tuition is $423.50 (incl GST) which includes all course materials, Workshop Manual and a Certificate of Attendance. (prices increase on July 1st to $495.00 incl GST)
Broadly we cover:
- Death and Dying: Who dies? What is a good death? What is Palliative Care? What is Conscious Dying?
- Who is a Doula and what does a Doula do? – Inside and Out
- 6 Stages of End-Of-Life and how to respond to them.
- Planning for, conversations, resources relevant to all the Stages of End-Of-life
- What’s Next – Care of self and the Living.
Part II: Preparing Your Way 3 day Course and tuition is $1188.00 (incl GST) which includes all course materials, Workshop Manual and a Certificate of Completion.(prices increase on July 1st to $1495.00 incl GST)
“To learn really how to help those who are dying is to begin to become fearless and responsible about our own dying, and to find in ourselves the beginnings of an unbounded compassion that we may have never suspected.” Sogyal Rinpoche
For people or professionals who want a more in depth understanding and develop skills in end of life support and those who are called to become an End-of-Life Doula to one or many.
The purpose is to enquire, build your awareness and empower you to be of service with those dying and those around them. Also, time is spent looking into what one needs if they wanted to do this work in their community.
Broadly we cover:
- Meditation and related practices
- The Essence of Service
- Planning and Questioning exercises
- Complementary Therapies
- Pain v/s Suffering and their management
- Compassion: Boundaries & Burnout
- Bereavement and Loss
- Communication – practice and roleplays
- The Business of being a Doula: services offered, what is your basic message?,
For all enquiries, bookings, testimonials and registration forms please email email@example.com
Image credit: Copyright: <a href='http://www.123rf.com/profile_pojvistaimage'>pojvistaimage / 123RF Stock Photo</a>