End of Life Doula Skill Set and
10966NAT Certificate IV in End of Life Services
next courses start in March 2024
Take your end of life doula skills to the next level with our nationally accredited End of Life Doula Skill Set or our 10966NAT Certificate IV in End of Life Doula Services, a world-first and Australia’s only national accreditation.
End of Life Doula Training, Information, and Services
When someone receives a diagnosis of a life-limiting or terminal illness or is ageing, it can be a lonely, confusing and confronting time for them and those close to them. There is often so much to manage and many choices to make. Knowing what options are available and feeling empowered to make decisions can make a significant difference to all involved.
An end of life doula offers reassurance, support, options and education, allowing people to make informed choices that align with their values, wishes and needs and to take back control and live their life as they choose.
An end of life doula can provide a broad range of non-medical and non-clinical services, such as:
- Help you understand the information, options and choices available, and support you in fulfilling those in alignment with your values, needs and preferences
- Help you navigate the health system, planning and coordinating services and support networks
- Assist with organising legal documentation, advance care directives, emotional wills, funeral planning, and legacy documents
- Help you plan for an end of life that is meaningful to you and consistent with your beliefs, ethnic, cultural, spiritual and personal values and preferences
- Advocate for you and provide a continuum of support through all stages of end of life and bereavement
- Facilitate death literacy through access to information and resources
How can we help?
End of Life Doula Training and Information
I am so pleased to be a part of the first cohort of doulas doing the Certificate IV. It is a game changer, a world first, and this qualification will open doors and raise the profile of doulas in Australia. I would love to see institutions and care providers adding Doula to their allied services. With the Cert IV, this is possible.
Preparing the Way are exceptional in their training, and the ongoing support and mentoring are invaluable. I highly recommend the Intensive Course, which is thought-provoking, inclusive, well planned and delivered with abundant knowledge, passion, and compassion.
If you are interested in exploring the possibilities of a supported, informed, and personal experience, this Foundation Workshop is the beginning of a world of new and dignified choices. Indeed the best workshop I have taken.
Preparing the Way was a Finalist in the Educational Services category of the 2022 Australian Women’s Small Business Champion Awards.