Change the world,
one person at a time.
If you’re a compassionate person who wants to do something meaningful with your life, have an interest in helping others, or are currently providing end of life care and want to upskill; our world-leading, nationally accredited course, the 10966NAT Certificate IV in End of Life Doula Services could be perfect for you!
Not only will you expand your skill set in providing first-class holistic care for someone throughout their end of life journey, you’ll also get the chance to be a part of a monumental change in how end of life care is managed, as well as how we train EOL Doulas around the world. You will also be making a real difference for people at the end of life and those close to them.
The only nationally accredited End of Life Doula training in the world
Our 10966NAT Certificate IV in End of Life Doula Services is tailored to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to deliver holistic, non-medical end of life doula support for those advancing in age or living with a life-limiting or terminal illness at any stage – in life and after death, as well as providing invaluable grief support to their families.
If you’re new to the End of Life Doula world, we recommend exploring our Foundation Workshop and our 4-day Intensive Course before taking part in our more extensive Certificate IV. This is to ensure that becoming an EOL Doula is the right choice for you before making a significant time, financial and energy commitment.
(Completing the 4-day course will attract a discounted tuition for the Certificate IV).
Essential Skills Training and Recruitment, in partnership with Preparing the Way, are now taking enrolments in 10966NAT Certificate IV in End of Life Doula Services. If you are accepted into this program you will be enrolling with Essential Skills Training and Recruitment (RTO ID 91729) and training will be delivered by Preparing the Way.
Our 10966NAT Certificate IV in
End of Life Doula Services
is suitable for:
- those who want to support others at end of life as part of a world-first accredited course in End of Life Doula Services
- people who have attended our Foundation Workshop and 4-day Intensive Course and are ready to take the next step in their EOL Doula career or vocation
- those who are actively pursuing ways to deepen and enhance their skills in nursing, healthcare, allied and community service professions or vocations
10966NAT Certificate IV in End of Life
Doula Services course structure
Over 18-months, you’ll attend face-to-face and Zoom online classes, tutorials, forums, and practicums in a blended format. All required course learning and assessment materials will be provided. We limit each intake to 30 students with dedicated trainers to deliver the highest level of training, mentoring and support.
Tuition cost: $12,195 (no gst applies).
For those who have completed the 4-day Intensive Course with us, the cost is $11,095 (no gst applies).
*Payment plan options are available.
What you’ll learn
During our pioneering 10966NAT Certificate IV in End of Life Doula Services, we’ll equip you with the knowledge and skills to:
- work as an EOL Doula in your own practice or within the broader traditional care settings
- support people, their carers, families, and those close to them
- engage with health professionals
- undertake a multi-disciplinary approach to EOL care
- understand spiritual or secular care needs and how to support them
- provide natural, holistic after-death care
- give and support practical home-based after death body care
- plan holistic after death funeral care and/or vigil and ceremony
- offer grief and bereavement support
Applicants for the 10966NAT Certificate IV in End of Life Doula Services must:
- be 25 years of age or older
- provide a Police, Working with Children, and Working with
Vulnerable People check (as applicable in your state/territory)
- have high level language, literacy, and numeracy skills
- attend an interview to determine your suitability for this course
- have the emotional and professional maturity to deal with traumatic and complex situations
- abide by any government health mandates with regard to COVID-19 that may be in force at that time when attending onsite training, and agree to adhere to any measures deemed necessary by PTW or the venue to be essential for the health and safety of all participants and trainers learning and working in the environment (eg. wearing a face mask, RAT test, distancing etc.)
25 September, 2022
(Applications close 9 September, 2022)
12 February, 2023
Hear from our past students
See what Preparing the Way students think about our range of End of Life Doula workshops and courses.
Who would have thought that spending four days talking about death and dying would leave me feeling uplifted and inspired. Even though we did it via Zoom it was incredibly intimate, fun and connected. The course content is incredibly in depth and varied, I learnt so so much.
Mandy P., Producer, Sydney
The course material was brilliant as was our leader Helen Callanan. The space that Helen provided was welcoming, loving and raw. I’ve come away knowing that I am and always have been a Doula, that I’m not alone and that there is a place for our work to be done. Thank you, Helen, from the bottom of my heart.
Louise L,. Care Giver, Doula
The Preparing the Way course delivered everything that was promised… and more. There was a clear description of who a doula is and what kind of support they provide along with some wonderful discussions among the participants. Helen’s approach is professional, collaborative and encouraging.
Gabrielle A., Counsellor
Interested in becoming an accredited EOL Doula?
Fantastic! We’re so excited you’d like to be a part of the world’s first and only 10966NAT Certificate IV in End of Life Doula Services. Please fill in the form below to register your interest, and we’ll send an information pack and inform you of the application process.
Have some questions? Check out our FAQs
Want to know how to get to work once you finish your EOL Doula training? Need information on Recognition of Prior Learning or Credit Transfer? We answer these questions and more over on our FAQs page.