Certificate IV in End of Life Doula Services
Walk the path to something bigger
Become an accredited End of Life Doula with the world’s first and Australia’s only nationally accredited 10966NAT Certificate IV in End of Life Doula Services.
Are you an end of life doula who wants to take their career to the next level? Do you want to work as an end of life doula in hospitals, palliative care, aged care, and other conventional healthcare environments? Do you work in healthcare and want to make a career change? Then this course may be for you.
We developed this course in collaboration with end of life doulas and industry partners to bring unique and specialised professional training. Learn the skills you need to provide holistic, non-medical end of life care.
The 10966NAT Certificate IV in End of Life Doula Services has been assessed and validated by Essential Skills Training & Recruitment (ESTR), a registered training organisation with the national regulator for vocational education and training (ASQA). You will enrol with ESTR (RTO ID 91729) if accepted into this program. Preparing the Way delivers four units (see End of Life Doula Skill Set); ESTR delivers the remaining 11 units.
Who is the Certificate IV in End of Life Doula Services for?
The Certificate IV in End of Life Doula Services may be for you if:
- you have attended our Foundation Workshop and Intensive Course;
- you are ready to take the next step in your end of life doula career or vocation;
- you have a related business and want to expand your service offerings to your clients;
- you have experience working in nursing, palliative care, aged care, allied or community health, and want to make a career change;
- you want to be part of Australia’s changing tide in end of life care;
- you want to work as an end of life doula in hospitals, palliative care, aged care, and other conventional healthcare environments.
What you’ll learn:
Our educators are highly skilled, experienced, passionate end of life doulas who have completed the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Specialist guest speakers, including Natural Grace Holistic Funeral Care Directors, share their knowledge and expertise throughout the course.
Delivered over 18 months to a group limited to 30, you’ll receive the comprehensive professional training you need to provide holistic, non-medical end of life doula services.
You’ll learn how to:
- work as an end of life doula in your practice or within broader traditional care settings
- support people, their carers, families, and those close to them
- engage with health professionals
- undertake a multi-disciplinary approach to end of life care
- understand spiritual or secular care needs and how to support them
- provide natural, holistic after-death care
- give and support practical home-based after-death body care
- plan holistic after-death funeral care, vigil, and ceremony
- offer grief and bereavement support
Duration: Part-time over 18 months (requires 15 hours per week)
Delivered: Face-to-face and via Zoom online classes, tutorials, forums, and practicums in a blended format
Includes: All the necessary course learning and assessment materials
Tuition: $12,195 (no GST applies)
If you have completed the Intensive Course, tuition is $11,095 (no GST applies).
If you have completed End of Life Skill Set units, tuition is reduced accordingly. See End of Life Doula Skill Set tuition.
Payment plan options are available.
- be 21 years of age or older
- provide a Police, Working with Children, and Working with
Vulnerable People check (as applicable in your state/territory)
- have high-level language, literacy, and numeracy skills
- attend an interview to determine your suitability for this course
- have the emotional and professional maturity to deal with traumatic and complex situations
Get in touch
If you have questions, need assistance with your application and next steps, or would like to receive more information, please use this form to contact us.