Tuition: $495 AUD inc GST
Duration: one day or two half days
Delivered: on Zoom
Includes: all course materials
and certificate of completion
In this comprehensive training you will deepen your understanding of death and dying, and learn the basics of how to support someone who is facing their end of life through all its stages.
Whether you are interested in being a doula to one or many, this interactive workshop will equip you to provide a deeper level of support and service for those you care about.
Broadly we cover:
- Death and dying: Who dies? What is a preferred death?
- What is Palliative Care? What is Conscious Dying?
- What is the role of an end of life doula?
- The 10 stages of end-of-life and how to respond to them
- Planning for end of life – conversations, resources relevant to all stages of end of life
- Self care and care of the living
- The Foundation Workshop is a pre-requisite for the Intensive Course.
- As some projects need to be completed before the Intensive Course we recommend allowing at least one week between the two programmes if wanting to do both the Workshop and Intensive Course.
- The 2 x ½ days workshops are newly formatted Foundation Workshops. They are held over two consecutive days for 4½ hours each. A commitment to attend both half days is required as no transfers are possible after the Workshop starts.
While this is a stand-alone workshop, it is also designed as an introduction for both those who wish to support one in their life or those who may choose to work professionally as an end of life doula.
Classes are kept to an intimate size – contact us now to secure your place.
Foundation Workshop AU
Foundation Workshop NZ
I was delighted that even after having had a range of experiences around death and dying during my career as a Registered Nurse,
I gained a wealth of additional knowledge from the Workshop!
~ Deb, Registered Nurse, Gippsland